Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1 - January 4, 2011

Today we departed from Charlottesville, VA at 6:30 am EST and arrived in Benton, Il at 7:00 pm CST. We stopped at Tudor's Biscuit World for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch (50 nuggets for $9.99), and the Walton's house for dinner. Mrs. Walton made us some great home-made spaghetti, sausage pasta, salad, and garlic-cheese bread. We had a number of interesting experiences in between; including a wild-goose-chase after Santa Clause, The Encourager Truck, pacifism discussions, and some home-made Christmas cookies. The Windstar Boys are in good spirits and looking forward to an additional 15 hours on the road tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. this is great guys. i really enjoyed today's video and the song selection as well. tenth avenue north is awesome. i have been (and still am) enjoying traveling around the US and I hope that you all really enjoy your time together as well. I look forward to the future posts, but until then be safe and don't let Barrett drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windstar Challenge - accomplish talking like this by end of trip.

    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2011/01/04/moos.magic.voice.cnn?hpt=C2

    If link doesn't work check out you tube - most viewed Homeless man with golden radio voice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah I loved the Windstar moment of the day. Make sure you document what Robbie does to Barrett.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice video. Nice flannel. Nice beards.

    P.S. Robbie, I sympathize with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robbie, bless your heart, I am sorry for your be-sugared beard. (But seriously, high five, Barrett.) Just think, if you're lucky you'll probably be pulling out cake crumbs for several days. SNACK! Additionally, I am very fascinated with the object on Collin's head in the First Day photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH OH!!! Nevermind, that's just Ramses in the background. It only LOOKED like a woolly mammoth beanie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised yall can't hear me laughing at this from where you are. Absolutely phenomenal. I feel as if all the pats are going to Barrett for his cake smashing, which rightfully so was legendary, but I want to point out Collin. Collin, I loved your "man up!" to Robbie. haha

    I know yall are loving it so far. Keep it up guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! This blog is excellent! Can't wait for more posts. Whoever is editing the videos is clearly The Man. Robbie Forrest: your beard trumps all other things.

    ReplyDelete